little things
Your eyes hide when you smile,
The way you stare when someone passes by,
Your small teeth shining when you laugh—
Have you ever heard your own laughter?
Your nose, baby, it’s perfectly shaped.
Your unyielding nature is painful to watch;
You can’t tolerate spicy foods,
Yet you love terung masak sambal.
You enjoy funny clips on your phone,
But do you enjoy your life so far, baby?
So sensitive, yet easily cooled off,
Have you ever lost your temper unexpectedly?
I bet you have, but you bury it inside,
Afraid someone might push you too far.
Sometimes I can feel that you’re sad,
But you wash that feeling away,
Because you’re mad.
What’s bothering your beautiful soul?
Perhaps it’s better if I don’t know…
You detest attention and interference,
Like a burden you feel—oh, what a shame.
Talk more, baby; share it with me.
Stop caving in on your feelings; it’s painful to see.
You’re loved, darling; can’t you see?
The little things about you
Are more like the truths I see in you.
Don’t hide your feelings, baby;
I’ll know—
Eventually.
Comments