look at us, we are so lost

Last night you said to me,
“Everything will be fine,”
But somehow
Those words irked me.
How can everything be fine
If I’m not feeling good anyway?

Later you told me
You haven’t heard any other words
That soothe your heart,
And as far as you know,
You’re the only one
Who’s always there
For yourself.

Then it makes me sad,
Coming from someone like you.
In my darkest days, you were there,
And little did I know
You were fighting your own demons
All by yourself.
Alone.

So here it is, baby:
If you’re feeling sad,
Crying a little won’t make it hurt.
If you’re feeling demotivated,
Pray; it’s the only way.
If you’re feeling unloved, remember
Everyone around you loves you.
If you’re feeling down,
It’s okay; you’ll pick yourself up.
If you miss someone,
Instead of bottling it up, tell them.
If you’re in doubt,
You’ll get your answers soon.
If everyone tells you that you’re not good enough,
Remember, you can’t please anybody, so
Just be yourself.
Chase your dreams.
If you don’t know what to do with your life right now,
Everyone in this world has the same thoughts.
Live passionately and be kind.
If someone tells you to stop chasing things you can’t own,
Try harder. Prove them wrong. Believe in yourself.
Because I believe in you.

Look at us—
We are so lost
In finding some comfort.
Here I am,
Comforting you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live to Love

the best ones not coming home